Thursday, January 5, 2012

More pictures

 Here are some more pictures. Yes it hurts as bad as it looks. The worse thing about this disease is the loss of hope. I currently am not on any treatment. I've been offered Remicade and told I would have to take it for the rest of my life. It's expensive and if I miss a dose the HS comes back with a vengeance. So if hubby changes jobs I'm screwed. The side effects are nasty as well. Laser treatment using a nd:yag laser is promising and had some results but I couldn't afford the $1000 every six weeks (travel and treatment) so that's out. Surgery is not an option after trying for 3 years to find a surgeon that would perform the surgery I give up.  Only one surgeon even agreed to a consult and then turned me down. So basically I get to watch it progress until life becomes a living nightmare. Anyways enough of that. On to the pictures...

Groin and lower stomach. Obviously waling can be difficult and sex is out of the question.

Groin - another angle


Underside of breast. this picture was taken to show the rash I sometimes wake up with. This happens when a lesion starts draining during the night when I am sleeping. It really burns badly when it happens

No comments: